In this weekly link roundup we have articles on getting more fiber in your diet, how to perform a deadlift, a breakdown of the Paleo diet and more.
Want to keep up with our favorite links? Join us on Twitter (@movemofitness), Pinterest Movemofitness, or on Facebook.
- 11 Easy Ways to Get More Fiber in Your Diet – You’ve heard that fiber intake is essential for a healthy diet and digestive system. Now here are some extremely easy ways to get more in your diet.
- Is the Paleo Diet Healthy? – Have you heard of the Paleo diet? If not, don’t worry we’re sure you’ll hear about it soon. Many foodies are there are making a transition to this new philosophy on eating. Melanie at dietrrific.com has done some research and she provides an informative and critical look at the Paleo philosophy.
- Alternative Single Leg Hip Thrusts – This exercise, highlighted by strength and conditioning expert Ben Bruno, is especially good for glute strengthening. No weights are necessary – just your body – and can be performed on the ground or between two benches or raised platforms.
- 10 Ways to Increase Insulin Sensitivity for Better Fat Loss – Insulin in a hormone produced in the pancreas to regulate carbohydrate and fat metabolism in the body. It also inhibits the use of fat as an energy source. Decreased insulin sensitivity is also associated with obesity. Take a look at these tips to maintain or even increase your insulin sensitivity.
- 19 Tips for the Deadlift – Strength and conditioning expert, Tony Gentilcore, provides some invaluable tips and a couple variations for deadlift. The deadlift is a great weight lifting exercise that every lifter should aspire to master. However, it’s a very difficult one to learn. Read these tips to help avoid mistakes and build stronger hips and glutes.